I was surprised to watch this video from Confused.com, an actor is pretending to be drunk to see how many people will offer assistance for him to get into the car. 2/3 thirds helped him on his way!
A consultation has recently taken place which proposes changes to enforcement procedures against drink drivers and other offenders. The results aren’t in yet but they are expected to include:
- the withdrawal of the ‘statutory option’
- changes as to when preliminary breath tests are needed
- changes to the testing procedures in hospital
- changes to who can assess whether someone is under the influence of drugs
- amendments to the regimes for aviation, rail and shipping which mirror the road regime